Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth keyboard not working when prompted for wifi splash screen io7

I just upgraded to IO7 on my ipad and I use the apple bluetooth keyboard. However, when the WiFi splash screen appear to login using say Cisco's login the keyboard does not work. Meaning it does not accept keystrokes. Because the keyboard is paired there is no way to show the normal onscreen keyboard unless you unpair.

My work around has been to dismiss the splash screen and open up safari then try to hit a website which then produces the splash screen within the browser. Then I'm able to use the keyboard again. Anyone had the same issue and is there a work around as this is highly annoying.

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:59 AM

I had that at first using aBelkin keyboard and on the keyboard then clicked on to bring the onboard keyboard up and now works. Not sure if you have this possibility oin your Apple keyboard. Hope this helps.

24 replies

Sep 21, 2013 8:00 AM in response to klomps

Yes, I can confirm this issue. I have a Belkin iPad Bluetooth Keyboard Case.

Keyboard Folio Model #: F5L114

After updating my iPad to iOS7 the only keystroke/button that works is the "Keyboard" button which will toggle the on screen keyboard on and off. Attempting to repair the keyboard accomplished nothing, however I did learn that when prompted to enter the bluetooth 4 digit code for pairing the keyboard was able to send the 4 numerical digits and striking the return key did succesfully pair the keyboard to the iPad again.

At this time I have no soltution to getting the keyboard to be responsive with the iPad. If anyone has a solution for this please speak up, if not Apple please help- The Belkin "Customer Support" pages/contacts are horrible for this. There is no assistance to be had at Belkin at this time.

Sep 21, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Schockwave

Thank for showing interest in my situation and trying to answer, however yes...

FROM ABOVE: "Attempting to repair the keyboard accomplished nothing, however I did learn that when prompted to enter the bluetooth 4 digit code for pairing the keyboard was able to send the 4 numerical digits and striking the return key did succesfully pair the keyboard to the iPad again."

I'm going to try "Forgetting the Device", turning off the Bluetooth Keyboard, Turning off the iPad 2 iOS7, Turning the iPad 2 iOS7 back on, Turning the Bluetooth Keyboard back on, then setting it up via the Bluetooth menu again. Doubt turning off the iPad will accomplish much, but it will be good to have it scratched off the list.

Sep 24, 2013 5:32 AM in response to klomps

I still continue to have this issue. I think it's a bug as with the previous version of iOS there was no issue with the keyboard and splash screen. I too have tried to forget the keyboard restart etc, without any luck. When the splash screen is shown I can see that there is connectivity via bluetooth.

When I click on the home screen button and then open any app the keyboard just works. Again, it's just when you connect to WiFi and are presented with a splash screen to login to your wifi provider. Hope Apple fixes this soon.

Sep 24, 2013 11:59 AM in response to klomps

I also have this issue and I have taken all of the steps mentioned here with my iPad 2. The only difrence is i'm using an iHome bluetooth keyboard that worked beautifully in iOS 6.1.3 with the splash screen login's. I'm 99.99% sure after reading this forum it's an iOS 7 issue, though otherwise from this i haven't had major issues with the upgrade.

Oct 8, 2013 12:56 AM in response to klomps

Hi all - i am writing to you from the Folio Belkin keyboard here and now - i had the same issue after upgrading to the IO7 and is now a thing of the past - to reboot your ipad what has to be done - i pushed and held the off button and the same time i pushed and held the start button - this brings up the "Half eaten Apple" emblem on my screen - and the real "restart" happens - perhaps some of you people are not really "rebooting" your ipad, but only turning it off then on again. . . .??? just a thought. . .

Best regards

DennisfromGrc

Oct 16, 2013 6:52 PM in response to DennisfromGrc

After seeing DennisfromGrc's post, I tried the power & start button at the same, but it didn't work. I then just held the power button down until a msg on the screen asked me to 'slide' the red message to shut down the iPad, which I did, and it shut down completely. After waiting a minute, I powered it back on and went to the settings screen. I selected bluetooth, and it showed the keyboard not connected. I then pressed the 'sync' button on the keyboard and selected the keyboard on the iPad. It connected and the keyboard has worked ever since. From previous posts, I'm guessing that even if you're running the most current iOS version(I had 7.0.2), that a 'hard boot' of the iPad is suggested in order to ensure full capability after any iOS update. Thx, Dennis, for giving me a good starting point to get things working again!

bluetooth keyboard not working when prompted for wifi splash screen io7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.