Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm looking for Windows Apple Configurator for iOS7.

I am looking for the Apple Configurator for Windows that supports iOS7. I need to install a CA certificate on my iPhone and iPad. Does anyone know where I can find the utility, when it will be available? Are the other options to install a certificate?

Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:17 AM

So far, Apple Configurator has been available only for Mac OS. There is a more limited tool for Windows, the "iPhone Configuration Utility", which doesn't seem to have been updated yet for use with ios7.

I have tried installing a mobileconfig profile created with the iPhone Configuration utility 3.62 on an ios7 device, and get an error, so unfortunately it seems like we're just going to have to wait for an update.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 7:17 AM in response to mitch_mn

So far, Apple Configurator has been available only for Mac OS. There is a more limited tool for Windows, the "iPhone Configuration Utility", which doesn't seem to have been updated yet for use with ios7.

I have tried installing a mobileconfig profile created with the iPhone Configuration utility 3.62 on an ios7 device, and get an error, so unfortunately it seems like we're just going to have to wait for an update.

Sep 20, 2013 10:06 AM in response to mitch_mn

I just noticed that the apple configurator app for MacOS was updated yesterday to add ios7 support, so hopefully the iPhone configuration utility for windows won't be too far behind.

On the other hand, I did just go through the existing profile I had from ipcu 3.62 and made a few changes, removing payload properties that weren't listed in the reference and also were not something obviously necessary. After that, it seems that the mobileconfig file will apply to an ios 7 device, so that might get me what I need for now.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProf ileRef/Introduction/Introduction.html

Feb 13, 2014 2:12 PM in response to Aurock

Does anyone have any updates on when the iPhone Configuration Utility for Windows will support ios7? It's been 5 months since this thread was started and not being able to deploy a provisioning profile to an ios7 device with Windows is a serious pain... Not everyone who is involved with development for Apple products works from a Mac.

I'm looking for Windows Apple Configurator for iOS7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.