Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to sync IOS 7 with Itunes 10.7?

i made a mistake of upgrading IOS 7 on my ipod and now it won't sync with my Itunes 10.7.. There's no way I will ever upgrade to POS Itunes 11. Does anyone know a way to sync IOS 7 with Itunes 10.7 ??

<Re-Titled By Host>

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 6:46 AM

10 replies

Sep 20, 2013 9:03 AM in response to Csound1

Actually this is relevant, you sync your iPod via iTunes, many of us have it set to do so automatically, so upon next sync the iOS will update permanently, forcing us to then update to the terrible new iTunes if we ever want to sync again.

Thanks for the warning! Need to change setting to NOT automatic update before plugging in the iPod again!

Sep 20, 2013 9:09 AM in response to DungHo

No. Once your devices are running iOS 7 you need iTunes 11.1 or later...

The main differences between iTunes 11 and earlier versions are the loss of coverflow and ability to have multiple windows open.

In Windows, you can restore much of the look & feel of iTunes 10.7 with these shortcuts:

• ALT to temporarily display the menu bar
  • CTRL+B to show or hide the menu bar
  • CTRL+S to show or hide the sidebar
  • CTRL+/ to show or hide the status bar (won't hide for me on Win XP)
  • Click the magnifying glass top right and untick Search Entire Library to restore the old search behaviour
  • Use View > Hide <Media Kind> in the cloud or Edit > Preferences > Store and untick Show iTunes in the cloud purchases to hide the cloud items. The second method eliminates the cloud status column (and may let iTunes start up more quickly)
  • If you don't like having different coloured background & text in the Album (Grid) view use Edit > Preferences > General and untick Use custom colours for open albums, movies, etc.
  • With iTunes 11.0.3 and later you can enable artwork in the Songs view from View > Show View Options (CTRL+J) making it more like the old Album List view
  • View > Show View Options (CTRL+J) also contains options to change the sorting of grid based views

tt2

Is there a way to sync IOS 7 with Itunes 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.