Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make version-copies of my songs?

Hello!

New user, first post - having a ball with my new GarageBand on iPad and will greatly appreciate help from more experiencved users on a few things.

First issue is - I've made the basics of a song. AS I modify it, I want to save copies of the versions, so that I can revert to a previous version, or grab a track from a previous version, later on if needed. But I cannot find a way to copy an entire song to a new file.

That is, I have "My Song". I want to make an exact copy that I would call "My Song V2" that I can start editing but still have the original "My Song" untouched in case I don't like what I've done in V2.

Thanks.

iPad

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:24 AM

That is, I have "My Song". I want to make an exact copy that I would call "My Song V2" that I can start editing but still have the original "My Song" untouched in case I don't like what I've done in V2.

Duplicate your song and rename the duplicate:

Duplicate a song:

1. In the My Songs browser, tap Edit, then tap the song you want to duplicate.
  2. Tap the Duplicate Song button User uploaded file.

Rename a song or folder:

1. In the My Songs browser, tap Edit, then tap the name of the song or folder.A keyboard appears, and the name appears in a name field with a flashing insertion point.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Tap the X on the right side of the name field to delete the existing name.
    • Drag the insertion point to the left of the place where you want to start typing.
  3. Using the keyboard, type a new name, then tap Done.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 7:24 AM in response to MSLS_001

Duplicate your song and rename the duplicate:

Duplicate a song:

1. In the My Songs browser, tap Edit, then tap the song you want to duplicate.
  2. Tap the Duplicate Song button User uploaded file.

Rename a song or folder:

1. In the My Songs browser, tap Edit, then tap the name of the song or folder.A keyboard appears, and the name appears in a name field with a flashing insertion point.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Tap the X on the right side of the name field to delete the existing name.
    • Drag the insertion point to the left of the place where you want to start typing.
  3. Using the keyboard, type a new name, then tap Done.

Regards

Léonie

Make version-copies of my songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.