Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart playlist not working the same with iTunes 11.1

I have a number of smart playlists to group my podcasts and have noticed that iTunes 11.1 does not pull the correct tracks anymore. I had around 540 in one smart playlist before the update with the only criteria being

Plays is 0

Grouping contains queue

After updating to iTunes 11.1, it is around 340. I discovered one of my podcasts "Thrilling Adventure Hour" has all episodes with the grouping of queue, but only the last 13 of the 108 episodes that are marked are showing up in the smart playlist.

Any possible solution?

Thanks,

Wayne

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:18 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2014 3:47 PM in response to rwfuller

I have noticed issues with smart playlist in iTunes 11.1.4 as well. I was using the grouping tag with multiple grouping tags sperated by commas such as Need 4 Speed, 80's, Hawkeye. I then used the setting "Grouping contains" and then typed whatever part of the grouping tag I wanted such as 80's for a smart playlist containing 80's grouping tags. However, now if the grouping tag does not contain that part of the tag first, it will NOT appear in the smart playlist! I think that it must be a bug with the updated iTunes as it was working for years, my only other thought is it might have to do with the new operating system (Mavericks) as that is the only two things different about my system.

Smart playlist not working the same with iTunes 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.