Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'BING' toolbar has replaced Safari tb

I use Safari browser on my Mac Pro, with Snow Leopard. Somehow, the Safari toolbar at the top has been replaced by a BING toolbar (tb). There is a URL for deleting the BING tb, but it's for windows. I'm reluctant to try that. Has anyone found a way to restore the Safari tb? Should I try to download a new copy of Safari? If so,do I need to trash my present copy? (With the BING tb ads are popping up here and there, and if I want to use Google, another search engine comes up. I think that I can over ride that, but I don't remember. But I do remember being aggravated by having my choice made for me.)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Early '06, Also use OS 10.5 & 10.7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:36 AM

1 reply

'BING' toolbar has replaced Safari tb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.