Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad NOTES app crashing since 7.0.1 update

I updated my iPad to iOS 7.0.1 yesterday, and am finding that the Notes app crashes every time I try to update certain notes that I created today on my iPad 3.

I use Notes more than a few times a day, and have over 700 notes in one notepad which convieniently backs up to my Gmail and is searchable there. So, I hope that Notes crashing gets fixed soon. I've tried other Notes apps such as Notebook+ and Noteability and Evernote, but I keep returning to the Apple Notes app for its convenience and simplicity.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:55 AM

11 replies

Sep 21, 2013 7:21 AM in response to GeoFan49

Same issue here, with iPad 3. Notes worked at first after update. Then, it crashed while I was searching for a Note. I have also quit app, and restarted iPad, but as soon as i open Notes it briefly flashes that last screen I was on (I had been searching for a note, so it briefly shows the keyboard, the list of notes on the left, and the search box) and then immediately shuts down again.

I looked for notes in Spotlight Search, as someone suggested, but got the same result when i tried to open it from there.

Nothing seems to resolve it. really hoping I don't need to reboot the whole thing and start all over again setting up all of the other apps that required passwords, verification codes, etc etc....

iPad NOTES app crashing since 7.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.