Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage in iOS 7 "Not Delivered" errors

So my texts don't consistently go through. I've tested this a few times and here are the results of errors:

With iMessage turned on

• When sending a message to a single iOS user who is using iMessage, texts go through fine.
  • When sending a message to a group of iOS users who are using iMessage, texts go through fine.
  • When sending a message to a group, some with iOS who are using iMessage and some without iOS, texts do NOT go through most of the time.

With iMessage turned off

• When sending a message to a single iOS user who is using iMessage, texts go through fine.

When they respond, I'm not getting texts

• When sending a message to a group of iOS users using iMessage, texts go through fine.
  • When sending a message to a group, some with iOS using iMessage and some without iOS, texts go through fine.

I'm on Sprint, I've restarted, turned airplane on and off, turned imessage on and off and the above keeps happening

Thoughts?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:53 AM

11 replies

Feb 15, 2016 7:43 PM in response to Shotokan8

yeah same here, i've had to turn imessage off.

i think its a bug with the os, i don't think it's a carrier problem, as i'm in Australia

Oct 4, 2013 5:20 AM in response to Shotokan8

Well, resetting all settings, some settings or not will only fix the issue temporarily. As a matter of fact try restarting the phone and you'll notice that will actually work for a bit.

It seems to me that we have to wait for an update to actually solidly resolve this issue because from a customer stand point there's not much we can do as far as fixing - we can only reestablish that connection of iMessages and the device itself.

Good luck and be patient guys!

iMessage in iOS 7 "Not Delivered" errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.