Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi , I have one of the early generation ipods which contains quite a lot of music. I bought a new Apple iMac computer sometime ago and I want to do is sycronise my ipod to my new computer so I can further add more music to it. Any advise much appreciated.

Hi, can anyone advise how I syncronise my ipod nano which is one of the early versions to my Apple imac pc. the ipod already contains a lot of music on it.

Thanks

iPod nano, OS X Server

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2013 1:03 PM in response to Helen40122

iTunes syncing generally goes one way, from the iTunes library on the computer to the iPod.

You cannot transfer song files from iPod to computer using iTunes, except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links.

Once the song files are on your computer, you can add them to your Mac's iTunes library.

If you still have access to your old computer with your previous iTunes library, a more complete way to transfer your iTunes library is from computer to computer. You can post back if this is possible and you want to do it.

Hi , I have one of the early generation ipods which contains quite a lot of music. I bought a new Apple iMac computer sometime ago and I want to do is sycronise my ipod to my new computer so I can further add more music to it. Any advise much appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.