Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 upgrade lost all my keyboard shortcuts - a bug

I updated my 4S last night and discovered all of my previous keyboard shortcuts disappeared

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:13 AM

5 replies

Dec 28, 2013 1:26 PM in response to rmcape

iPad iphone key board shortcut issues dec 2013

I sent in BUG feedback to apple tdy:

I have lost most but not all of my 100's of keyboard shortcuts I use and share via iCloud document sharing between my iPad4 and iphone 5s. I upgraded to iOS 7 from iOS 6 on my iPad when available and did same on my iPhone 5 before recently switching to iphone 5s.

I have tried turning off iCloud doc sharing and re booting but didnt work

I even tried erasing all settings +content on my ipad and restoring from a backup of a few months ago and that does nor work either.

Any suggestions how to get back all my old shortcuts?

If I manually re-type them on my iPad, can I do that with document and data sharing turned on so I don't have to do this again for my iphone? I hope so because I am now re-typing all short cuts into my iPad with iCloud docs and data turned on and it seems to be sharing quickly with iphone. Tried also typing into iphone and shows on iPad too. Hopefully, I will not lose any more short costs

If u have many shortcuts I suggest u often take screen shots of them to have on record for future retyping. Also keep a list updated periodically in editable text form and send it to yourself as an email to make the re-typing -rre-creation of the list easier if ever again required- hopefully never again.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

ios 7 upgrade lost all my keyboard shortcuts - a bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.