Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beware of OIS7

I can barely see an eye chart but can point a camera and do a lot of photography. We have put OIS 7 on my iPad and my wife's iPhone. Her eyes are very good. I use a mouse and zoom to navigate my mac's 28 inch monitor and let the mac read the text. I use voiceover on both the phone and iPad. Now, outside, with 7 she can not read text in Contacts and other places. I can not use the camera controls on the devices. We have turned up text size, contrast and bold with little effect. Our older iPad still uses IOS 6. It is much easier to use and read.

I switched to the Macintosh many year's ago because of it's crisp clear text and icons. Now that is not in style at Apple. We will be going to the Apple store to see if it is possible to switch back to 6. If not maybe they will trade for devices that have 6. If not, we will walk to the Microsoft store to look at Nokia and then check out the Android options. Too bad Apple does not seem to test things with people with poor eyesight. They need some good industrial designers who believe form should follow function.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:52 AM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2013 2:07 AM in response to panoramaBobl, Bob Thompson2

I use VoiceOver on my iPhone 4S.

Three days ago iOS7 downloaded, and I installed it.

I have discovered several bugs with iOS7 and VoiceOver.

1. When the phone is locked and I click the home button, it reads the time not once, but twice.

2. The British English voice, which is the voice I use, is very unclear compared to when I was using iOS6. I have tried enabling enhanced quality. It downloads, but doesn't make any difference.It's very unpleasnt using this voice now.

3. Toggling on/off states doesn't always work the first time.

4. As I'm writing this, the phone suddernly said "screen locked" after it locked several minutes ago...

I'm sure i"ll discocver more bugs as the days go by...

Bottom line... iOS7 hasn't been tested for it's accessibility support. If you are using VoiceOver, I would recommend NOT upgrading to iOS7. And as Apple does things, it is not possible to downgrade to iOS6 once you have upgraded to iOS7.

Nov 3, 2013 12:33 PM in response to panoramaBobl, Bob Thompson2

I am one of the rare 1980's user of Apple products and have spent many a time trying to switch people to the Mac. I have bought my Mother (80) and sister (59) iPads which we're received with and embraced with delight. This new Os7 is a huge mistake! WE can't read anything even trying the contrast and bolding,

bla bla. Extremely disappointed.

Beware of OIS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.