Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S won't connect to wifi after downloading iOS 7.0.1

I bought the iPhone 5S this morning and restored from the previous backup of iOS 7. Everything went fine after it almost immediately asks you to log into a wifi network, I typed in the password. As one would naturally expect, I had no issues. Then I downloaded and install the new 7.0.1 iOS. Went through the setup and when the prompt to log into the same network popped up, I typed in the same password but this time I get an "Incorrect Password" for my network. I'm literally copy/pasting it and typing it in slowly but no success.

VERY annoying considering I JUST bought this product...

iPhone 5, iOS 7, iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:58 AM

3 replies

Sep 28, 2013 6:42 AM in response to emainz1

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 update. Same issue. I had no issues previously with iOS 6. So far I've only NOT been able to connect to my home router.....until about 10 minutes ago. I selected my SSID and chose the option to FORGET the network, restarted my router by unplugging the power supply, let sit for 30 seconds, then re powered it. Went into my iPhone settings, turned wifi OFF, then turned Bluetooth OFF. Turned wifi back ON and kept Bluetooth OFF (though there should be no direct correlation) and the router SSID appeared, so I tried my KEY again (WPA2 encryption) and it finally connected. I would also recommend turning all wifi sync services off just in case, they aren't doing any good without wifi anyway. I really hope this helps. I'm going to update my iPad mini today and see if the same issue comes up and apply the same steps mentioned. Good luck, even if this doesn't help, I'm sure someone (if not Apple) will help resolve the issue.

Nov 11, 2013 7:36 PM in response to emainz1

I am having a similar issue with my iPhone 5s and my iPad Mini. Both connect fine to my home wifi but I cannot connect to other wifi networks (that I had no problems connecting to before the update, such as the one at my daughter's dance studio). I try and try to enter the password to one of them and it says "incorrect password" even though I am using the correct one. Friends of mine with their iPhones are connecting fine to same networks but I cannot no matter what I try. I've tried resetting the network settings and that did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

iPhone 5S won't connect to wifi after downloading iOS 7.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.