Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud stuck on wrong apple ID

When I updated my iPhone to iOS 7, it asked me for the password for my old apple ID which I do not have anymore. The email account for that has been deleted. I went to Settings>iTunes & App Store to log in with my current Apple ID and it is correct. When I go to Settings>iCloud it wont let me do anything because it wants a password for my old Apple ID and Apple support doesn't even show that the old one has ever been an Apple ID. How do I delete this so I can use iCloud with my phone? I reset the phone and that didn't fix it... getting really frustrated because I can't back up my phone or sync it with my iPad without a password for the old ID, but the ID is what isn't correct.

Hope this makes sense, and I hope someone can help me..

Frustrated iCloud user.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:54 AM

I have the same problem when I updated to IOS 7 my IPad.

Please help!

29 replies

Sep 20, 2013 3:48 PM in response to kacherry

Right!! I've just went into Apple ID, changed my email back to old one, verified, giving me back my old Apple ID. Went to iCloud on my phone deleted account cause I can now enter password for old log in. Then went back and changed Apple ID email to new email address and verified then signed in anew to iCloud on my iPhone!! Phew. All up and running again hoorah!!

Sep 27, 2013 9:11 AM in response to kacherry

Confirmed, just had the same issue. I was able to change my Apple ID back to the old one and log in to iCloud on my phone using my current password and delete the iCloud account & turn off "Find my iPhone". I was able to do this WITHOUT having to verify the old email account (even though I still have access to it, it wasn't necessary). Changing my Apple ID primary email back to my current one and then re-logging in to iCloud on my phone using the current Apple ID solved the issue..

Cheers

iCloud stuck on wrong apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.