Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube- "This account cannot be used on AppleTV..." a fix might help you

Hi,

1) check your YOUTUBE username from your YOUTUBE account settings, write it down as it is.

2) make sure to get your 2-steps verefication password from your gmail security settings.

3) hit login in YOUTUBE from your apple tv.

4) type the username as you got it from step 1.

5) apple tv will only accept your username in its case sensetive form, so be sure that you type it as it is shown on your youtube settings page.

Enjoy!

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:25 AM

6 replies

Oct 27, 2013 5:04 AM in response to Aziz Saud

What is the effect of the having this 2-way-verification enabled? I don't want to provide any phone number. Any workaround or cheat for this??

(1.) I tried the YouTube name form the account information (case sensitive!!): no success

(2.) I tried the the YouTube-User-ID (case sensitive!!) from the advaned account information: no success

(3.) I even created a channel that I don't wnat: no success

Sometimes I get "wrong username or password", sometimes I get "you cannot login wirh this account"

I run an Apple TV 2 with software release 6.0.1, connected via wlan (5GHz) to the latest Apple AirPort Extreme (late 2013).

Oct 30, 2013 8:43 PM in response to peterfromnorderstedt

Before finding this post, I posted my own question.

However, what you described, is EXACTLY what is happening to me.

I tried all 5 of my youtube accounts and cannot connect with any of them.

I even removed all of the double encryption and just added a simple password to test it.

I've never had a problem before.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Nov 11, 2013 11:33 AM in response to Event Video Guy

I just bought my ATV yesterday and have had zero luck logging into my YouTube account AND my iTunes account. I have followed the directions for the 2-step authentication and tried each of the logins listed on my YouTube account online. I keep getting the message that my account can't be used for Apple TV.

Now I've tried a software update and no luck! Has anyone tried anything else that has helped besides the 2-step auth and an update?

Nov 11, 2013 7:49 PM in response to kegile62

You only HAVE to do the 2-step verification if you have your google account set up that way.

If you set it up that was specifically to sign in on your Apple TV, then you did not need to.

As I said above, I was not able to log in to ANY of my accounts for weeks. But when I did the most recent update (then restarted the ATV), I just happened to check the Youtube App and everything was fine.

I was able to log in to my account with no trouble. And have been able to do so since the update.

Try restarting your ATV.

YouTube- "This account cannot be used on AppleTV..." a fix might help you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.