Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV update being pushed out right now.

Downloading Apple TV update right now. Hopefully it's bringing iTunes Radio.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:39 AM

14 replies

Sep 20, 2013 12:59 PM in response to rjgrichmond

I did the update...Got the iTunes/USB Cord screen. Connected it to my Mac, Resoted...And there's the iTunes/USB Cord screen again. So AppleTV 6.0 has apparently completely bricked my AppleTV. It's not even a year old. I'd recommend anyone who hasn't updated yet not do so until it stops bricking devices.

Scratch that, it's magically started working again. First time I plugged it back into the TV the iTunes/Cord screen reappeared, but the enxt time I plugged it into the power the light was solid, so I reconnected the HDMI and it was at the Language select screen.

Sep 20, 2013 4:22 PM in response to Billythewhizz

What do you mean you plugged it into iTunes? Our Apple TV has been dead for over an hour .. it's been blinking rapidly for over 30 minutes so far. I've disconnected an iPhone after a failed update and it was NEVER right after that, so I have no intention of disconnecting the power. The picture of the cable going to iTunes wasn't a direction to hook up an iPhone or computer to the back of the Apple TV .. it works off of wifi.

Hey Apple .. NOW WHAT?!?

Sep 20, 2013 8:18 PM in response to rjgrichmond

Though Apple was no help at all, I was able to get a MICRO USB to USB cable at Walmart ($10). Best Buy said they had one for $5, but Walmart was much easier to get to tonight. Hooked the ATV to my iMac with iTunes on. iTunes immediately recognized the ATV and asked if I wanted to restore it. I did, it took about 15 minutes to do it's thing which included the new problem child update. Afterwards it was exactly the same as a brand new ATV .. EVERYTHING had to be redone. Very frustrating due to the time wasted, hassle of getting the cable, having to pay for a cable I wouldn't have otherwise needed, having to re-invent the wheel regarding all of our settings in the ATV, but it's finally working properly. That said, Apple owes me 3 hours of my life back.

Apple TV update being pushed out right now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.