Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A required iTunes component is not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes. (-45075)

Just upgraded to ITUNES 11.1.0.126 and get this error each time I launch ITunes. Have tried the repait itunes and run diags with no errors appearing. Any idea what this error is or what the specific error code means. Running Vista home premium 64 bit.

itunes-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:43 AM

9 replies

Oct 1, 2013 1:23 PM in response to ghostrider2112

I have Windows Vista Home Premium Srvc Pack 2, using 32bit operating system.

What I did to fix the error above, is had to repair AppleApplicationSupport.msi. (No need to download any program):

I found it here: Go to Start, Computer, Your main drive (usually C), Program Data, Apple, Install Cache, AppleApplicationSupport 2.3.6 (You might have a different support folder but what I did was click on the Date Modified tab to put the newest version at the top), then double clicked on AppleApplicationSupport.msi and I had to press repair to fix it.

Voila! It worked for me.

Hope this helps others out there with this annoying problem.

A required iTunes component is not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes. (-45075)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.