Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound issues with the new 5c?

I've today just gotten the iPhone 5c, and when my boyfriend called me he said he could barely hear me and the volume was going from loud to quiet. I've only just got this phone and it seems to be defective already. Anyone else with this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 7, 5c

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:48 AM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2013 8:37 PM in response to Sevenvii

Same here... I am so mad, I cant even tell... Just got the iPhone 5C unlocked directly from the Apple Store in Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall one week ago and it is already defective. It semmed to work fine until today... Now I don´t even know what to do. I´ve tried everything on the article and nothing works. The worst part: I live in Venezuela and they do not offer service in this country... GREAT!

By the way, this one is my second iPhone. Previously I owned the iPhone 4 and had the same issue when I bought it.

Oct 19, 2013 5:29 AM in response to Sevenvii

I've had the same issue with my week old 5c. You are right it is in fact the noise cancellation mic on the back because if you hold your finger over it, it eliminates the problem. A quick work around to turn off the noise cancellation mic to eliminate the problem without holding your finger over it constantly is to go into Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Aids -> and turn hearing aid on. So far this has fixed the problem for me, bit annoying that you have to do this though on a new phone IMO.

Sound issues with the new 5c?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.