Skip navigation

Can i change a default favicon icon on ios7

1504 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 1:12 PM by Gus2259 RSS
Lueydonut Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 20, 2013 12:31 PM

How can I, or is it possible, to change the default icon safari provides for favicon? Or is it a question of whether or not a specific URL is designed to push it to the mobile device using ios7.

iPad 2, iOS 7
  • Gus2259 Level 4 Level 4 (1,230 points)
    Sep 20, 2013 12:34 PM (in response to Lueydonut)

Sorry but no you can't change the icons. Some apps will deliver push notifications and most of these allow some adjustment of what you receive and how it appears such as a banner or a badge. That does not change the icon.

• Gus2259 Level 4 Level 4 (1,230 points)
    Sep 20, 2013 1:12 PM (in response to Lueydonut)

Those are icons for your favorites in Safari. You can access them by clicking this + symbol in the upper right hand on Safari. Any site you want can be added as a favorite. Those icons are the compass looking one by default unless the site has a specific one that automatically loads. These can't be changed either. Hope this helps.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.