Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to OS7, now my bluetooth won't connect with my Prius. Is there a fix for this?

Is a fix coming soon for the Bluetooth connection problem? My iPhone connected to my Prius perfectly until I upgraded to OS7 last night.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 1:02 PM

26 replies

Sep 23, 2013 9:45 PM in response to Fitzwilly

I do have the same - I have an iPhone 5 - I upgraded I OS 7 and since then the Bluetooth in my new car was not working properly in my new 2013 Honda Accord... I have checked all other options for music in the car like AM, FM, SATELLITE RADIO etc and they worked fine and I can control them through my steering wheel - except for my music through Bluetooth and phone connection through Bluetooth everything is working.. When I play music on Bluetooth I was not able to use my steering wheel controls to move to the next or previous song. Like wise if I place a call through Bluetooth while driving I Sutharsan not able to mute the call or hang up using the steering wheel controls.... Will that be fixed soon....

Sep 25, 2013 10:29 AM in response to marhyl

I updated last night, same thing with my BMW 1 series - no connection.BMW dealers hadn't had any calls regarding similar problems, but seems pointless letting them see the set up if its an Apple fault. However phone seems to connect via bluetooth to my Garmin satnav, so what gives? Very annoying, let's hope Apple get their act together as quickly as they sold out of the new Iphone!!!

Sep 29, 2013 5:22 PM in response to Fitzwilly

You have to power the keyboard or bluetooth device completely down and then completely power down the ipad. Repower the ipad and go into bluetooth. The device is still in the queue. You need to then "forget the device." After the device is completely cleared out, you then turn it on and press the pair button on the device. The ipad should then recognize the device and connect it.

Sep 30, 2013 10:08 AM in response to Fitzwilly

My Prius and new iPhone 5S have the same problem. I did tell my Prius Nav System to forget my iPhone. I may even have told my iPhone to forget the Prius. But, I didn't do BOTH at the same time to totally re-register the system setup. I'm going home tonight and try telling BOTH to forget each other at the same time and then start from scratch. I'm optimistic. If I don't repost, assume it worked.

Sep 30, 2013 2:45 PM in response to Fitzwilly

Hi Folks,

I'm Back!

Ok, well I deleted the Prius' Nav System from my iPhone 5S bluetooth listings and I deleted the iPhone 5S from the Prius' bluetooth listing in the "AUDIO" category on the Prius Nav system where there are "setup a bluetooth device" options. I connected the Prius and iPhone 5S and was given a "Pairing Successful" thumbs up.

I thought I was all set. I could play music from my iPhone through my car's sound system. Very nice.

Then I turned off the car. Ran an errand. Came back to the car. Turned the car on and received a message on my Prius' Nav system screen..."Unable to connect to Bluetooth device" or "Bluetooth Connection Failed." Can't remember which. I have seen both messages in the past.

WHAT!!!

Here's the amazing thing. I WAS STILL ABLE to select "Audio" on my Prius and play music from my Music app on my iPhone 5S via bluetooth. Despite being told "Bluetooth Connection Failed."

WHAT!!!

WHAT???

So I started to press buttons on my Prius's Nav system like a crazed madman.

Eventually, I selected "PHONE." I could see that the phone settings had my iPhone 5S listed as a device. So, I deleted the iPhone 5S device from within the "PHONE" bluetooth settings on my Prius and then reconnected the iPhone to the Nav system...while still in the PHONE bluetooth settings.

Then I turned off the car.

Then I turned it back on.

Then I received a message..."Bluetooth Connection Successful."

WHAT!!!

I tried turning off the car and turning on the car several times AFTER the iPhone's bluetooth icon when "dark" to make sure I was testing the ability of the iPhone and the Prius to connect from an "inactive" state. Each time I received a "Bluetooth Connection Successful."

So I think I am finally back in business.

But, I had to delete the iPhone 5S from within "AUDIO" and "PHONE" to pull this off.

Sheesh.

Oct 8, 2013 7:32 PM in response to robertnjax1

Hi robertnjax1!

What exactly did you mean by "reset the whole system"?

Reset the iPhone? If so, specifically which type of reset?

Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the Apple Logo appears?

Go into settings and choose one of the reset options? If so, which option?

Reset the C Class Nav system? I don't see anywhere on my 2011 Prius to do a "reset."

Thanks for responding if you get this post.

Mr. Luigi

Oct 9, 2013 11:19 PM in response to Fitzwilly

Since 'upgrading' to IOS7 on my iPhone 4S, it has only limited functionality in my Land Rover. It will pair and connect but only allow me to answer calls (using steering wheel controls) and the audio is fine through the car stereo. But it will not download the phone's address book - it just 'hangs' when it tries to copy it across. It also won't allow me to dial any numbers using car controls, which means that unless I stop and dial using the phone itself, I can't make any calls....it doesn't allow the car store any missed / dialled / answered calls at all either. This is incredibly frustrating....all was perfect before the upgrade!

Oct 10, 2013 6:47 AM in response to cathbal66

Hi cathbal66,

I'm with you! Luckily marhyl's earlier post seems to have pointed all of us in the right direction to fix this problem.

Because of that she has become a niche celebrity. 🙂

As you see in other posts, you have to root around in your car's system to find EVERY PLACE where connectivity had been established, pre-iOS 7, and have the system forget that your 4S ever existed. You also need to go into your 4S and have it forget your car's bluetooth system.

Once "total amnesia" has been achieved, you can re-pair your 4S and car bluetooh system as if you were connecting them for the first time.

I suspect everything will work fine then.

Crazy stuff.

Mr. Luigi

I upgraded to OS7, now my bluetooth won't connect with my Prius. Is there a fix for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.