Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf email attachments won't open

After upgrading to IOS 7 the pdf email attachments are not opening...just says "loading" and never loads.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 2:52 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2013 5:28 AM in response to DVFFTI

Hi DVFFTI,

I'm not sure from your description if you're having the same problem I was having.

In my case, PDF attachments would only display as a single image of the first page of the PDF.

The only option I had was to Copy or Save the image. I couldn't open a preview of the full PDF in Mail or tap to 'Open in...' a different app.

Turns out that I had too many apps on my iPhone that can read PDFs, for example, Dropbox, Evernote, iBooks, Kindle, etc. even a Canon app for remote printing.

Removing one of them fixed the issue for me.

I remember this happening before and seeing other threads about this, so I don't think it's specific to iOS 7.

Give it a go and see if it fixes your problem. Hope it helps.

May 20, 2014 9:25 AM in response to Spider Jerusalem

This solved my issue. I had 8 apps that could open .PDFs and after deleting one of them (CloudOn) I was back in business. Before that, it was exactly the same issue. PDFs would not load - just the first page as an image with no option of opening in anything. Very frustrating - our IT folks talking with Apple could not solve it, but this did! Thanks!

pdf email attachments won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.