Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.1 Freezes when selecting podcasts tab.

Trying to update some stuff on my ipod, but the new itunes 11.1 refuses to let me select my podcast tab to do anything. It freezes thus resulting in my force quitting it to allow me to do something else. It's really annoying. Tried many times but still refuses to allow me to acces my podcasts.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 3:01 PM

29 replies

Sep 21, 2013 8:44 PM in response to Denny75012

I too have a similar problem with iTunes 11.1 freezing with the spinning beachball. However, this is only a problem within Podcasts with the rest of iTunes unaffected. Many Podcasts are also very difficult to scroll through so all in all pretty unuseable. Have tried re-booting, Disk Utility etc but without success. I first noticed this after re-adding all my lost podcasts from a back-up as for some reason iTunes 11.1 had deleted many podcasts though it's possible this issue was already there.

If anyone has some a possible solution that would be greatly appreciated though I fear it may be a case of waiting for the next iTunes update?

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2013 11:40 PM in response to Tom Dignam

Eh, I let it do it's thing for an hour, and it's still hanging. so I quit it. Doubt it's updating my podcasts list as I tried refreshing it when I originally updated it to 11.1 and everything was fine. until I connect my ipod up and try to edit my podcasts on it and it lets me play with the ball on my screen. Either it's one thing or another with these itunes updates. wish there was a Pro version with expanded options and such.

Sep 21, 2013 11:49 PM in response to Polaritypictures

FYI: if I manually refresh podcast subscriptions in iTunes 11.1, the program seems to hang for about 90 seconds. The current song keeps playing, but you don't see movement in the progress bar; the spinning beach ball sometimes appears. In the Podcasts List pane, you at least see little spinning circles next to all the podcasts, so you have a sign that something is happening; in the other Podcasts panes (My Podcasts, My Stations), there's a little arrow in the upper left corner that makes a small turn/jump every 30 seconds or so but is otherwise static, so it's kind of hard to tell whether or not something is happening.

This is worse than with the previous version of iTunes, but not that much worse - iTunes has never exactly been speedy.

But anyway, nowhere near as bad as what you're facing.

Are there podcasts only on your iPod that you care about losing? One approach may be to delete the Podcasts app off your iPod, and see what happens upon syncing then.

Oct 6, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Polaritypictures

I found that by disconnecting from the internet ( unplugging the internet cable on my Mac or by turnning off the Wi-Fi ) and waiting a couple of minutes that this solved the problem and I was able to to see the pocasts in the podcast tab on all my devices ( ipod touhes and ipod classic ).

But each time iTunes is started you have to do the same routine ( disconnect from the internet and then reconnect).

I found the answer on anther thread, here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5360724?answerId=23146885022#23146885022

itunes 11.1 Freezes when selecting podcasts tab.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.