Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get a black keyboard in ios7

I have noticed in ios7 there are certain instances when the iphone/ipad keyboard turns black in color, for example when you enter your password into the itunes store to buy an app. Is it possible to get the keyboard this color permanently? Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 2:51 PM

unfortunately no. it would be cool though, i agree!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

3 replies

Nov 7, 2013 9:43 AM in response to MTurner04

Actually I beleive the Black Keyboard is to notify the user that you are typing into a secure apple form, while in a 3rd party app. Apple uses the black keyboard when you type your Apple ID password and for other sensivitve fields.

This is useful because a app can have in app purchases. If the app maker creates his own Apple ID and password form, to steal your information, the keyboard would be white. But when Apple asks for your Apple ID, you can be sure it's them asking for it because the keyboard is black.

Edit: Actually as of iOS 7, everyone can acces the black keyboard, by using the UIKeyboardAppearanceDark property. So I guess it doesn't mean it is a secure apple form. Sorry.

Can I get a black keyboard in ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.