Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone KEEP asking if I trust this computer? I thought it was a onetime thing per computer?

Why does my iPhone KEEP asking if I trust this computer? I thought it was a onetime thing per computer? I plug my iPhone 4s into the computer and every time I tell it to trust this computer, but a hour later if I plug in again, I have to say trust again... bug? Setting issue? Help?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 3:16 PM

8 replies

Oct 23, 2013 1:03 PM in response to JohnGeero

Update: The issue with the Belkin cable was the case I had on my 5s. It was a Tavik bumper case. There was a thin piece of material around the lightning port that prevented the Belkin connector from making a solid connection. The Apple connectors don't have this issue. Not sure if it's because the Apple connector is longer or the base of the Apple connector is narrower, but I got rid of that case. Problem solved.

Feb 5, 2014 7:04 AM in response to michaelfrommeridian

http://helpios7.com/trust-this-computer-pop-up-fix/

This helped me. Fix #1 is something Apple doesn't ever suggest to you.

My specific problem was somehow my Apple Mobile Device USB Driver got turned off and moved and maybe even uninstalled, but after hours of struggling, this site helped tremendously.

Furthermore, I could connect my iPhone to my computer but not into iTunes. It would only let me go to access pictures on my iPhone and that's all.

Best of luck to anyone trying to figure out their problem.

Justin

why does my iphone KEEP asking if I trust this computer? I thought it was a onetime thing per computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.