Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4s+IOS7 upgrade reboots panic.plist

I’ve upgraded my iphone 4s to iOS7 and now it routinely restarts every minute (01:10sec). It requires my apple password on restart and then operates for about a minute before it restarts again. There is a message in the diagnostic log panic.plist. I have read that this message indicates a hardware related however the phone was operating fine under iOS6.

Its really hot to touch too

Sean.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 3:46 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2013 3:49 PM in response to Spod_AU

Let it cool off for a bit, then connect It to the charger that came wiht the phone that plugs into the wall and turn it on.

While it is connected and you are at the lock screen reset the phone by holding the power and the home buttons until the phone and see if that fixes the issue.

You may possibly need to backup to iTunes and restore your iPhone.

Sep 20, 2013 7:40 PM in response to THEcheesewire

Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried the restart but that’s not fixed it.

I can’t back the phone up in iTunes because it reboots every 1:10 sec even when the backup is in progress. I’m on the phone to apple support now; let’s see if they can help…OK, looks like we have a result.

There is a recovery mode available that uses iTunes, it involves:

1). Set up the computer with the USB > iPhone cable attached to the PC but not inserted into IPhone

2). Close iTunes on the PC so it’s not running.

3). Shut down the iPhone

4). The tricky bit is to restart the iPhone by holding down both buttons, when you see the apple icon on the screen then immediately re-insert the iPhone cord. After a few seconds the iPhone screen displays an icon of the USB cord connecting to iTunes.

5). Restart iTunes on the PC and follow the prompts to recovery mode. There are some terms and conditions to agree to begin the restore process.

My phone stayed up during this process, this is the first time its run for more than a minute since I loaded the iOS7 upgrade. It’s loaded a new apple device driver onto the PC. When the phone came back up, most of my apps had vanished but it was not a complete wipe. Emails and photos had been preserved.

Thanks for the assistance.

4s+IOS7 upgrade reboots panic.plist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.