Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I stop the duplication of a project file in FCP X

I accidentally started the duplication of a large project to the wrong destination drive. Can I stop this? (It is paused right now.)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB, FCPX 10.0.9

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:59 PM

Why not let FCP finish what it startrd and then move the project afterwards to the correct drive? (Do that from the FCP File menu.)

Personally, once I have FCP running well, I try to avoid doing anything that I think would have the potential for confusing it.

Russ

2 replies

Sep 20, 2013 6:58 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks, Russ. I can totally relate when you say, "once I have FCP running well, I try to avoid doing anything that I think would have the potential for confusing it." I love FCP X except that it is making me superstitious. It seems that some feature will quit working until I restart. Or the background tasks window will stick on some random percentage of completion even though it has, in fact, finished. It's spooky. So just trying not to "confuse" or maybe even "offend" it makes perfect sense.

I remember way back when I had my Mac Plus, you could often press Command + . [period] to stop a process. That was pretty cool.

Can I stop the duplication of a project file in FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.