Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 App Store Updates/Badge Issue

My app store has a notification badge that says I have updates, but when I open the app store and click "updates," it quickly shows me the apps, and then, one second later, the screen says that all of my apps are up to date. Is anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:03 PM

9 replies

Jan 15, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Pat76610

Resurrecting old thread, but I'm having the same problem on multiple devices.

More specifically, I am updating apps via cable sync from desktop Itunes. The apps are updated on the devices via the cable sync, but the counter stays there. As noted in the original post, when I open app store app on device, the apps needing update will first show Update next to them, then quickly change to Open, but the counter remains.

Iphone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Ipad 2 iOS 8.1.2

Iphone 5 iOS 8.1.2

I called Apple service (my iPhone 6 is still under warranty), they had no clue what was happening. All they did was told me to call them back another day and gave me a case ID.

I have rebooted devices and restored them both as new and from backup. When the restore is done, the counter goes away, but then when a new app needs updating, it happens again.

Anyobody having this issue recently and fixed it? It's very annoying.

iOS 7 App Store Updates/Badge Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.