Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 Call Block not working

I've installed iOS7 on my iPhone 5. I've discovered that the new Call Blocking feature doesn't actually block any numbers I add to it. I tested this with my wife's phone number and my work number, but in both cases, calls got through without being blocked. Everything was set up correctly. What gives? I can't seem to find anything on the web discussing this as an issue. I would think that 2 days into this now, there would be many other complaints about this since this was a long awaited feature for most users.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:13 PM

5 replies

Oct 30, 2013 2:08 AM in response to shadowbee

I had a similar problem which I've just figured out the answer to. If you have a SPAM contact with existing numbers at the time you block the contact, any numbers you add thereafter to the same contact will not be blocked.

So, if you add a new number to a contact that is already blocked, you need to unblock and then block that contact again for the new number to be blocked.

Aug 22, 2014 9:34 PM in response to shadowbee

I ran into this problem with my Iphone 5S running iOS 7.1.2. I went into "Settings" ---> "Phone" -----> "Blocked" but every time I tried to "add new" (as in add a new blocked contact), it wouldn't work. Then I figured out the contact you want to add can't be LINKED (Hotmail, icloud, iphone, etc...) Unlink the contact in your "Contacts", then go back and try to add it to the blocked contact list, and it will work. The contact will be blocked and all the numbers you have for that contact will be there in the blocked list. I hope that made sense.

iOS7 Call Block not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.