Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone controller won't work with iOS 7?

I updated my phone to iOS 7 and I try to play music through my apple headphones and it will not work. I also cannot play or fast forward songs through the lock screen or the control center, I have to physically open the music app, which is an enormous disadvantage when you are working out... I was wondering if there was a fix for this or if it is just a bug... Or if it's just me getting this issue. I checked on my iPod and it's not the headphones. Please help if you are having this issue or if you know a fix for it!! Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 6:02 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Amoore310

I've just bought my headphones brand new and I get great sound through them, but, the remote doesn't work at all. I have an iphone 4 upgraded with the latest ios (7.0.2 or something). Maybe it's not the phone but the headphones, so I will try it with a couple of mates phones, my stereo, then take them back and ask either for a replacement or a refund. Then if they don't work, I guess it'll be a software problem and I'll have to work something else out 😕

Nov 19, 2013 5:36 PM in response to basti22

Same issue

The headphone remote/control works on a another iphone but not on mine.

Music does work , its only the controls on the headphones that don't work

Phone - Iphone 4

Tried restarting the phone, syncing the phone, resetting it from withing the phone, holding the buttons & then through itunes .. No use...

Issue happens across any pair of headphones including Apple's

Same happens in music app and 3rd party apps like spotify , tunein radio .

Can't use the buttons on the headphones to pick or answer call's as well .

I drive 4 - 6 hours a day and can't change songs on the go. Looks like this update screwed my phone .

The iphone 4s in my family is still on ios 6 and I don't plan on updating it . Tha's been my general advise to everyone I see and talk with a iphone , as this looks like a update related issue.

Dec 18, 2013 8:26 PM in response to johnym2013

I have this problem and it is driving me crazy. Looking to upgrade my earbuds before a long trip. Went through a lot of hassle thinking it was a problem with the earbuds I bought not changing tracks on control button. Have come to realization it MUST be an iOS 7 problem? I can listen, volume control, and answer calls but cannot change tracks. Started to think I was losing my mind until I saw this post. IOS 7 is a nightmare.

Dec 18, 2013 9:22 PM in response to Amoore310

Very true ... The support out here I worse .. They say if u have tried resetting and all stuff then it's a hardware issue

I told them iam happy if you can prove me wrong

But try don't want to even take it for service though I said I will pay.

The phone can only be serviced by Apple if iam in the same country where I bought .

I got this a while back when I made a trip to singapore.

They are not ready to accept its a bug in their great os.

Got now I use this for browsing and chatting.

Got a new cheap Nokia which serves my other purpose.. Might give it to

My kid to play temple run ..

Not worth it . Don't upgrade and no more apple ..

Headphone controller won't work with iOS 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.