Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari in ios7 on iPad(3rd gen)

Hi,

The new card deck like tabs in Safari on ios7 , is that feature only for iPhones? (Also the disappearence of the search/address bar on scrolling down?). I am not observing these features after upgrading to ios7 on my ipad 3rd gen.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:07 PM

The card deck tabs are only on the iPhone and the iPod Touch, not the iPad.

The search field is built into the URL field. Just start typing in the URL field and search results will appear on the page and you can see "On this Page" - further down from the search results if you want to search for a word or phrase on the page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 8:07 PM in response to anirbans

The card deck tabs are only on the iPhone and the iPod Touch, not the iPad.

The search field is built into the URL field. Just start typing in the URL field and search results will appear on the page and you can see "On this Page" - further down from the search results if you want to search for a word or phrase on the page.

Sep 23, 2013 8:42 PM in response to Demo

Hi, I am confused with the ios7 on safari updated on my ipad 2. I cannot seem to find the seach facility which allows you to search an article after you have entered a url and brought up a webpage. I know spotlight is available from the home, but what about

On this Page

- further down from the search results if you want to search for a word or phrase on the page.

I cannot find this on any webpage I have entered. Could you please give me a general website where this has worked for you. Quite confused

Sep 23, 2013 9:27 PM in response to noddie

@noddie: in the unified search/address bar type the wrod/phrase you are trying to find. You would find 4 categories of suggestions in the dropdownlist "Top Hits","Google Search","Bookmarks and History" and "On this Page". Its the 4th category you are probably referring to. Works fine for me on cnet.com, bbc.co.uk/sport. It's a little unintuitive because the page goes away from the background when you are typing in the word.

Safari in ios7 on iPad(3rd gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.