Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Issue

Kappy,

I thought I closed my Apple account, but you said I can't do that. This is simular to the initial post.

My post earlier today:

"I just updated my iPhone 4s to iOS7. I had an old iCloud account on it that I have closed. How do I delete the account on the iPhone and update it to my new account?"

Since I saw your post I have tried everything to get back to the “closed account”

I put in my Apple ID and the Last know password. No luck. I go to Find your Apple ID. I get: No Apple ID found. We can't find an Apple ID matching the information you provided. You may have entered a name that doesn't exactly match our records. Try again” I have tried all known possible IDs. It does not recognize my birthday.

The iPhone I just updated to iOS 7 has my old “closed” Apple ID, and I can’t get rid of it so I can log into my new existing Apple account.

Can you help?

Kappy,

I'm working this!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Hello there, epotthof.

From what it sounds like you are wanting to sign out of iCloud with the "closed" ID and sign in with the new. The following Knowledge Base article should help you with that issue:

iCloud: Features that work with one account at a time on iOS 5 and OS X Lion or later

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4020

Specifically:

To change a secondary account to a primary account

iOS 5 or later:

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Delete the secondary account.
  3. Tap the Back button.
  4. Tap iCloud.
  5. Delete the primary account.
  6. Add the secondary account that you want to be your primary account.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2013 9:33 AM in response to epotthof

Hello there, epotthof.

From what it sounds like you are wanting to sign out of iCloud with the "closed" ID and sign in with the new. The following Knowledge Base article should help you with that issue:

iCloud: Features that work with one account at a time on iOS 5 and OS X Lion or later

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4020

Specifically:

To change a secondary account to a primary account

iOS 5 or later:

1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  2. Delete the secondary account.
  3. Tap the Back button.
  4. Tap iCloud.
  5. Delete the primary account.
  6. Add the secondary account that you want to be your primary account.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

iCloud Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.