Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am stuck in guided access on ios7!! HELP PLEASE!!

I am stuck in guided access on ios7, reboot and lost mode are not getting me out. HELP!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:43 PM

66 replies

Oct 4, 2017 7:14 AM in response to thePSguy

just now i got same problem too fast click home button and bang the accesguided is on, i never set passcode n make me confuse how to open it.. then searching in google but no help. 15 minutes searching without any satisfying answer. its simple just try to reboot ur iphone then it will be normaly again. u can visit this link its very helpfull If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support just match with ur iphone series hope it will helpfull

Sep 21, 2013 5:23 AM in response to Diavonex

I obviously did not know the passcode.. What helped me was setting up a

Lock code using lost mode (did not have a lock code earlier), force rebooting (home+power button for 10 secs) and entering lock code, then disabling guided access.. Rebooting without lock code used to relaunch the app in guided mode automatically.. Thanks, anyways..

Sep 25, 2013 8:53 PM in response to Mannanq

Yup.. Its fine now.. As i said above.. 1)you need to have a lock code set up. If not, open icloud.com on a pc, log in, go to find my iphone, enter lost mode, and set up a lock code.

2) Force a reboot by pressing (home+power) key simultaneously for 10 seconds.

3) after reboot, its out of guided access. You unlock using your lock code, and disable guided access.

Jan 17, 2014 2:47 PM in response to thePSguy

On iPhone 4s hold the circle button and the one on the top of the phone(as if you were taking a screenshot) down for 10-20 sec until the phone shuts off and then proceed to turn it back on. When the phone powers back on you'll still have to put in your code for the lock screen if that's enabled, but after that guided access will be turned off. Took me 45 minutes of pure frustration to figure this crap out being that I didn't even know I ha a GA password or that it would be any different than my lockscreen code. F*ckin rediculous I tell you!!!!!!

But it does work, yw.

OH!!! and when you hold the buttons down it will still give you the messege saying you have to triple-click and enter your code, ignore this and slam those buttons down anyway. They are a decoy. And furthermore, F*CK YOU APPLE. That is all.

Jan 18, 2014 11:41 PM in response to thePSguy

I've tried everything and nothing is working. I have an iphone 4s and it will not shut down. I've held the power buttons for 2 minutes and still nothing. I've tried the "lost mode" and that still never worked. I've never made a passcode for guided access, this is the first time I've seen it. I was trying to exit out of it and my phone freaked out and locked on me. HHHEELLLPPP PLEASE

I am stuck in guided access on ios7!! HELP PLEASE!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.