Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crash my iPhone 5S every time I use Numbers

I have a new iPhone 5S and have updated to iOS 7.0.1

Everytime after I use Numbers and exit the Apps, the screen goes blue and the iPhone restarts.

Does anyone have the same problem as I do?

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:48 PM

I'm having the same issue. I even swapped my phone for another one and that did it's well.

Also tried it on my friends new iphone 5S, and was able to replicate it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this happen.

53 replies

Sep 21, 2013 2:12 AM in response to K3V0RK14N

Thanks for your reply.

I did a reinstall and the problem still happens.

I have all my files synced with iCloud.

I noticed Numbers would cause a restart on a somewhat large files (more than 100 entries) and only

when I exit with the file opened.

For the same spreadsheet that was causing problem, Numbers would not cause the iPhone to restart if I

select 'Done' and then select 'Spreadsheet' and let Numbers send the files to iCloud.

So I suspect the problem happens when I exit the Apps and Numbers was updating the spreadsheet to iCloud.

It's either an iOS issue or Numbers issue.

So for the time being, please quit your spreadsheet before exiting the Apps.

Sep 24, 2013 6:10 AM in response to samko

I'm glad i am not the only one having this problem. I just went to the service provider to swap my new iphone 5s! i wish i had known about this problem beforehand. I just deleted the app. I do hope they let us know when they fix this bug as i really need the app for work. Please apple!! reply to me and let me know!!!!!

Sep 24, 2013 7:28 AM in response to samko

How do you do that please? This weekend when I tried to delete the app it said it was still trying to update to the cloud. It had been a couple hours. My battery had drained as well. So it seems it was stuck.

How do you ask to update to cloud? I thought it just did it automatically.

Thanks in advance. I REALLY need mine back too. I use it every day to give prices for a product that I sell and for now I have them listed in notes which is not easy to update.

Sep 24, 2013 8:35 AM in response to mommacude

After you finish using your spreadsheet,

Select 'Done'

Select 'Spreadsheet'

Numbers will show you a bunch of icons of your spreadsheets stored in iCloud.

In a few seconds, you will see an arrow on the icon of the spreadsheet you have just worked on.

And a blue upload progress bar will appear.

When the upload is finished, the arrow and progress bar will disappear.

Now, you can press the home button without causing iPhone reset. (At least for me)

Hope this helps, and hope we get an update soon.

Sep 24, 2013 5:40 PM in response to samko

I am having the same issue on my 2 day old iPhone 5s. I'm currently on the phone with Apple tech support. I can recreate the blue screen crash every time I open a Numbers sheet and close the app. We are working through an isolation of the issue. We are going to wipe the phone to a clean install, add only Numbers, and try to reproduce. I will post a follow-up if we come to a resolution or find the problem.

Sep 24, 2013 6:24 PM in response to samko

FOUND A SOLUTION:

1. Copy all your old pages or numbers documents that are in iCloud onto your computer. If you don't have a computer, you can email all of the documents to yourself so that you have them stored in a safe place.

2. Close all your apps.

3. Open the offending app [pages or numbers], then delete all your documents from iCloud (I did this on my iPhone)

4. Quit pages/numbers

After doing this, my phone no longer restarts upon exiting Pages.

I haven't tried re-uploading any of the deleted documents to iCloud, because I don't really care to have my old documents in iCloud.

I had this idea when I installed numbers on my iPhone but did not have any of the issues described above, however, pages was still crashing my 5S every time.

I still think this solution is unacceptable, and I am very disappointed in Apple for not catching this bug. It's ridiculous that I figured this out before Apple did. Not even my app...

Sep 24, 2013 6:43 PM in response to BC55

Thank you BC55! This worked for me as well. I fixed Numbers this way. I can no longer cause the crash after deleting previous items in the cloud. I went to Pages next. I did cause the crash there. Went through the same process with Pages. No longer crashes either. I also didn't test restoring the spreadsheets. Chalked them up to a loss. But the crashes are gone. Thanks again 😁

crash my iPhone 5S every time I use Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.