Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control center opening

Is there some alternative method of opening control center? Some users with certain types of cases are unable to open control center with the swipe up from the bottom. Why didn't testing discover this, and offer an alternative. Even Siri won't open it. Come on, guys, this is basic.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:58 AM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2013 6:47 AM in response to Brooklyn Lion

Brooklyn Lion wrote:

Yes, I have the exact same problem with Control Center - I have to swipe countless number of times to get it to open. I tied two-finger swipes, certer swipe, corner swipe - you name it; nothing worked. I have iPhone 4S and I have no idea whether it is just phone issue or a major screw-up with the system.

Cases that come close to the bottom of the screen render opening the control center nearly impossible. I told my wife not to get a case like that, but she thought it would protect the phone better... What good is a protected phone if you can't USE it? Just lock it in a box, and it will be safe....

Sep 22, 2013 2:06 PM in response to Brooklyn Lion

Brooklyn Lion wrote:

That appears to be it. Once out of the case the Control Center seems to open up fine. I will need to switch the case.

I think my wife is going to do without the feature until, hopefully, Apple makes the sweet spot bigger by a few pixels, which I suspect they will in 7.0.2 or whatever. She didn't have the features before, so she doesn't miss it.

Oct 3, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Rayak47

Rayak47 wrote:

I'm posting hoping apple will read and resolve in the next update as this is a very common issue. I have a toddler proof case and can't just switch cases! (Or waste money on a new case when this one is otherwise great.)

I wonder if Otterbox has a special price offer for those who bought the case in the last few months...

Control center opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.