Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage uses too much storage

Hello,

I've got a big problem. I updated my ipod Touch 5g 64 GB to ios7 on thursday. When I was looking in the settings to see the new options and functions, I got to the overview of all apps and how much storage they take. Normally, my 2 GB games were there at the top, but this time, I was really shocked: iMessage used 13,1 GB of my storage although I've cleared my complete history. I noticed that my ipod uses a bit too much storage, but ios 6 didn't show the usage of imessage. I searched for an option to delete these files, but I didn't find an option for that (signing out of imessage and apple id, checking imessage). Now my question is: How can I delete those files, because it takes too much storage and I can't even use them.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 2:08 AM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2013 7:37 AM in response to lllaass

I tried this program, but it only detected about 2 MB. Additionally, iTunes says that Other uses 354 MB, which isn't as much as the 13,3 GB used by imessage. Is Apple going to fix this in an update and delete all these saved messages? The idea of losing all my 64 GB data is frightening, because every data will be lost after resetting everything.

imessage uses too much storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.