Skip navigation

My mac book won't connect to any networks.

583 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 9:00 AM by MrHoffman RSS
Morgie328 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 21, 2013 3:43 AM

My mac book 7,1 won't connect to any networks (wireless connection) . It says "ALERT NO INTERNET CONNECTION" . The configuration IPv4 is on: Using DHCP. So, I don't understand why it's telling me this, and how i can fix it.

MacBook
  • MrHoffman Level 6 Level 6 (11,745 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2013 9:00 AM (in response to Morgie328)

What do the Apple OS X network diagnostics report:

 > System Preferences > Network > Assist Me... > Diagnostics ...

about your network connection?

Do the networking problems here also effect connections via a wired network?

Have you tried a different wireless network?   Does connecting at a library, café or Apple store work?

I'm going to assume that you're not running OS X Server 10.6 on this MacBook — that would be unusual — and that you're probably running the client version of OS X 10.6, and are here in this forum because you saw the 10.6 in the forum title.  If I'm wrong here, there can potentially be other triggers for the network outage.  OS X Server management is rather different from whe OS X that Apple installs on a MacBook.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.