Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone issues on Iphone 4 iOS7

After updating my Iphone 4 on iOS7, my microphone stopped working when someone is calling me(or when I call someone). But the mic works with other applications like Skype...

Any ideas ? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 5:22 AM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Skylex-

Same here. my iPhone 4 has the microphone issues with only phone app. Skype, music workd fine. When I call or someone calls me, I cannot hear nor the caller cannot hear me. But with skype, everything works. It started to happen since iOS7 installation.

Now I cannot even go back to iOS6 and my phone is practically useless as phone. On top, in Canada I cannot even have Skype number so only way for my friends to reach me is via SMS or facebook. Apple, DO sometihng!!!

Dec 10, 2013 1:35 AM in response to Skylex-

I live in South Africa, and I had the same problem with my iPhone 4.

After weeks of frustration and swearing, I was in the process of restoring my phone to a previous iOS. To do that you need to turn the "Find my iPhone" option off, since i turned it off, my problem was solved. No need to repair anything or revert back to old iOS.

***** that i cant use Find my iPhone, but atleast i can use my phone.

Microphone issues on Iphone 4 iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.