Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get lg BE14NU40 blue ray burner to work with fcp or compressor

how to get LG BE14NU40 Blue Ray Burner to work with FCP X or Compressor??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 7:25 AM

7 replies

Sep 21, 2013 3:30 PM in response to mishmumken

I run the movie short (12 minutes) thru Compressor using Pro Res 422, Blue Ray Disc. I think my settings are fine. It takes about 6 - 7 hours. At the end, there's a message on Compressor that it's been "successful." For whatever reason, the Burner has turned itself off sometime during the Compressor process. I take out the disk and try to play it on my Blue Ray player connected to my TV (it's different than the LG Burner). Nothing plays and I assume there's nothing on the Blue Ray disk. Just purchased the LG Burner from Best Buy and there's no indication on the box that it works with a MacBook Pro which isn't the retina model. The reviews of this model on LG are varied - a few say it works with MacBook Pro out of the box, some refer to Roxia Toast??

Jul 11, 2014 2:46 PM in response to johnpinti

It's been more than a year and a half since the original post and I was wondering if the problems of compatibility with the LG BR burner have been solved. This is an extremely popular burner and I just bought one along with Compressor 4.1 to burn blu-ray discs. Everything went fine until the file was encoded and it was time to actually burn the disc and the whole process stopped cold. I got hunting on the forum and found this post. Is there a reasonable work around instead of buying yet another piece of software to do what Compressor is advertised to do?

iMac late 2013 i7 16GB RAM

LG BE14NU40

Jul 11, 2014 3:00 PM in response to Ron Bourke

Also, if the LG BD burner doesn't work with Compressor, has anyone had luck with any other burner? I really don't feel like ordering another random burner which ends up having the same problem. Any successes out there? I bought Compressor since it is advertised as a Blu-ray solution. There must be a way to actually burn a disc without going to yet another program. - Thanks!

how to get lg BE14NU40 blue ray burner to work with fcp or compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.