Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Icloud email is being used by someone else how do i stop this or close the email address

My icloud email address is being used by someone to access shopping betting and gaming sites.

What can I do to end unathorised use of this email address. I dont use it for anything else and in truth would just like all icloud email addresses deleted.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:23 AM

They've probably mistyped their address and given yours instead (or possibly they are an idiot who thinks they own your address - sounds bizarre, but it does happen). Consequently they are not receiving the messages but you are.

There's not much you can do about it. You can't delete the address unless it's an alias. You could answer to one of the people who are trying to contact him and point out the error, but as they probably only have the erroneous address as well they won't be able to do anything unless they also have his physical address and are prepared to write to him.

Alternatively you could just set up a Rule on the iCloud website (click on the cogwheel icon at bottom left and choose Rules) to move all messages to that address to the Trash so you won't be bothered by them, and leave him to stew in his own juice.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2013 8:23 AM in response to GJDE

They've probably mistyped their address and given yours instead (or possibly they are an idiot who thinks they own your address - sounds bizarre, but it does happen). Consequently they are not receiving the messages but you are.

There's not much you can do about it. You can't delete the address unless it's an alias. You could answer to one of the people who are trying to contact him and point out the error, but as they probably only have the erroneous address as well they won't be able to do anything unless they also have his physical address and are prepared to write to him.

Alternatively you could just set up a Rule on the iCloud website (click on the cogwheel icon at bottom left and choose Rules) to move all messages to that address to the Trash so you won't be bothered by them, and leave him to stew in his own juice.

Aug 3, 2016 2:12 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

My issue began via Amazon in UK. I started getting someone else's emails to my icloud e-address. A phone call with Amazon showed this person had changed their previous email registered with Amazon to mine and, according to Amazon, had successfully verified it! Concerning to say the least. As I write, Amazon are "reviewing" this and have said they'll get back to me in 48 hours. We'll see if they do.

I've contacted Apple by phone via the link provided by Roger Wimut1 above (thank you). While on the phone with Apple (I have to say I'm impressed by this level of instant support) I reset my Apple ID with a new password and verified that has worked. From this discussion with Apple support I'm fairly satisfied that my ID has not been compromised (yet!) which is important as I use it for many kinds of online stuff.

This seems to have come about from either subtle nefarious activity aimed at hacking my ID or a major security ****-up by Amazon. In either case, I hope I have stopped any further damage.

I hope my experience is useful to readers in similar circumstances.

If Amazon does get back to me, I'll post the result below.

My Icloud email is being used by someone else how do i stop this or close the email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.