7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2013 11:58 AM by King_Penguin
Momarch Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I amusing the iPad 4 with ios 7.  when in safari, I touch the + for. new tab it brings up a page wih some icons like aaplen yahoo espn and another I can't think of.  can I change these to some that I use daily like Google, my investing home page, etc? if so how?

iPad, iOS 6, ios 7 gen 4
  • 1. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?
    King_Penguin Level 10 Level 10 (95,085 points)

Those are the bookmarks in your favourites. You can edit them by tapping the bookmark icon to the right of the URL field, and if necessary navigating up your bookmark hierarchy by tapping the 'Back' button at the top left of the list, and the selecting Favourites - then tap the Edit button at the bottom right of the list to re-order or delete them. To add a bookmark to that list you will have to navigate to that site and then use the 'share' icon to the left of the URL field to add them to your Favourites folder (tap Bookmark and then tap Location)

• 2. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?

no not my bookmarks...it's new in the ios 7 version just a white page when you hit the plus for a new tab.  and on the page are four icons...aapl Disney epsn and yahoo.  I don't have any of those bookmarked.  can you put a screenshot on here ?

• 3. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?

oops...sorry I am wrong...I see what you are saying.  ok..got rid of those that aapl set up...now just gotta figure out how to make mine show up! thank half way there :)

• 4. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?

You add a site you need to go to that site and then tap the bookmark icon :

ios 7 add bookmark.jpg

Tap bookmark on that, and then on the next screen :

ios 7 bookmark location.jpg

Tap 'Location' and select 'Favourites'

• 5. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?
    Pepfincher Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This helped me solved the problem I had.  Thank you very much!

• 6. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?

thanks penguin big help!  do you know anything about airdrop....not showing on my gen 4 iPad.

• 7. Re: can I change the new tab icons in ios 7? if so how?

I have an iPad 3 so I don't have AirDrop, but there is some info about it on this page : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5887

And from the iPad iOS 7 manual :

In many apps, you can tap Share or to see sharing and other options. The options vary depending on the app you’re using.

airdrop.jpg

AirDrop lets you share your photos, videos, websites, locations, and other items wirelessly with other nearby iOS 7 devices that support AirDrop. AirDrop requires an iCloud account, and transfers info using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You must be on the same Wi-Fi network, or within approximately 30 feet (10 meters) of the other device. Transfers are encrypted for security.

Share an item using AirDrop. Tap Share or the share icon, then tap AirDrop and tap the name of a nearby AirDrop user. AirDrop is also available in Control Center—just swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.

Receive AirDrop items from others. Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center. Tap AirDrop, then choose to receive items from Contacts only or from Everyone. You can accept or decline each request as it arrives.