Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lightning SD card reader issue with iOS7

Hello,

I have updated yesterday to iOS7 and been impressed to the smooth finish and the handling. Way better then previous versions.

Only downside are the accessories.

I have had no issues with my lighning SD card reader on previous iOS Versions but today I tried to connect it and it said that it is not supported by iPad.

It is an original lightning adapter bought at an Apple shop in Singapore and I cannot imagine that it is not supported by Apple anymore.

I have already rebooted the system a few times and got it working once for a short while until it broke down again with the same error message. I tried as well different SD cards as I thought is might have been an issue with the SD card.

Can anyone help me to fix that issue. Did I miss any setting or does anyone had the same issue?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:09 AM

27 replies

Sep 24, 2013 12:32 PM in response to TML_TSD

I've had exactly the same problem and I only bought the genuine apple reader 1 week ago which worked fine before the update to IOS7.

I contacted the suppliers of the reader and they said Apple admitted they were having some problems and the suppliers said they would exchange it for one that worked if it couldn't be fixed with a software update.

They asked me to contact them Wednesday so I will let you know.

Rods

Stevie

Sep 26, 2013 8:24 AM in response to TML_TSD

I have a 4th Gen iPad 64GB. I put a small (128MB) SD card in with a handful of .jpg pictures.

I turn on and unlock the iPad, then I insert my SD card into the Lightning/SD adapter then insert the Lightning/SD adapter into the iPad. It launches the Photos app but does not show the pictures nor the acknowledge the fact it's even there. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be great!

~e

Sep 26, 2013 11:36 AM in response to ijbrewst

Not good news. I contacted my supplier who said they referred the matter to Apple and we're told that if it didn't work then it was not an genuine Apple product. When my supplier told Apple they were bought from the distributor they just referred them back to the distributor.

I find it hard to believe that Apple couldn't validate the product as genuine or not given the serial numbers and if the distributor is selling counterfeit products I would think apple would want to know about it, but I'm surprised there isn't a lot more traffic on the forums if all card readers are failing. Bottom line is I would advise anyone who is thinking of buying a reader to wait until this is cleared up and if you've already got one, return it as not fit for purpose as I believe you have this right under the sale of goods act, whether the supplier likes it or not.

Of course this is just my experience and I'd be happy to hear from anyone who knows better.

Hope this helps

Oct 1, 2013 10:17 PM in response to TML_TSD

Hi

I am using lightning to SD card reader on my iPad mini with iOS 7.

Mine still works, and is surely genuine as I purchased from Apple retail store in Australia however, the reader is now extraordinarily slow to load image previews from the card. Where this was previously near instantaneous on iOS 6, the image previews take 1-2secs to load EACH which is completely ridiculous.

Very frustrating!!!

Apple please fix this.

Oct 8, 2013 12:58 AM in response to TML_TSD

I heard a rumor that there was going to be a patch last weekend, but unfortunately the problem still exists ... I've got an almost new official Apple SD reader, and it stopped working as soon as I upgraded. I'd roll back to iOS 6 f I could, but that doesn't appear to be possible. Apple, are you trying to turn into Microsoft? Can't believe this hasn't been taken care of yet.

Oct 8, 2013 11:57 PM in response to TML_TSD

I've been on the road, which makes this all the more annoying. Reached Valencia Spain and went to the store yesterday - employees know about the issue, but are baffled as to cause. Tried a brand new reader out of the box, with a newer model#, and it actually worked fine, although store couldn't exchange because I didn't have my receipt with me .... grrr ..... bought new unit, will pursue refund when I return home. Evidently some inadvertent design change occured that allows newer models to work.

lightning SD card reader issue with iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.