Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view the current song playing in iTunes in landscape mode?

When listening to my iPhone at the gym, I have to set my iPhone down on the side since the input for the headphones is on the bottom. The problem is when doing this, it puts my phone into landscape mode and does not show the current song playing. The weird thing is it shows a completely different song and different album art than what is currently playing.

When my phone is on the side, I would like to be able to see the album art and the song that is currently playing.

For exams, I am listening to Back in Black by AC/DC, but the phone is showing Panama by Van Halen. I though maybe this was because my iTunes was set on shuffle, and that was the next song, but it wasn't.

At other times, the landscape mode just shows random album covers with no song info, and no option to change the view. I am thinking this is a bug with OS7 as I just upgraded.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 9:28 AM

2 replies

Sep 21, 2013 12:57 PM in response to UnhappyCustomer2

Landscape and portrait modes are now separate experiences and maintain their individual states as you flip from one to the other. The only thing you can do is complain and ask them to make it more useful:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I for one have way too many albums for the alphabetical grid presented in landscape mode to be useful. At the very least, I would need the alphabet jump bar to be able to use this. Even then, it wouldn't be very useful, because I don't know all my album names, and browsing a pure alphabetical list of albums makes no sense to me.

Nov 24, 2013 12:23 PM in response to jon8979

Yes, I hope everybody on all the related threads writes to Apple (http://www.apple.com/feedback/) to point out that it's downright *DANGEROUS* that the only way to skip songs while driving is to reach over and dismount our iPhones so we can turn them to profile view—instead of just a quick tap of the >> button in landscape mode.

Didn't they get the memo that distracted driving kills people?

How can I view the current song playing in iTunes in landscape mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.