Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On The Go playlists - can't add songs from my playlists!

On my iPhone, I make a lot of 'On The Go' playlists and select songs from current playlists I have organised (on my laptop). Now on iOS7, I can't seem to edit a playlist and add music from a current playlist on my iPhone! There seems to be only options to add music from: SONGS/ALBUMS/ARTISTS/COMPOSERS (and who uses composers?), not from playlists already on my phone.

Is there something I am doing wrong or have they simply removed this feature (which is very annoying if they have)!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 1:09 AM

Good morning,

I'm experiencing exactly the same. The lack of choosing from existing playlists makes the "On the go"-Playlists unusable. I'm still hoping I just overlooked something. Playlists instead of Composers would be great.

Greetings from Germany

Dom

8 replies

Sep 27, 2013 11:30 AM in response to Albie_on_tour

In an effort to go minimalist they went brain-dead. I have a library of over 7,000 songs. I create my playlists through playlists when I am on the go. And I rarely ever create a new playlist at the computer because I rarely even use my computer, much less synch my iphone/itunes manually with it.

And not only did they eliminate the add from playlist feature, you cannot edit an existing playlist while “on the go” - only those created after i0s 7. Also, you can no longer create a playlist by selecting the genre. But wait - you can select the “Composer". Really?! I don't listen to my music by Composer. Whose idea was that. Now am I supposed to reorganize my music library and categorize songs by Composer?

As the other poster said, the "on the go" list is now virtually unusable. Now I have to go to the computer (which I rarely do). They really took the on-the-go/music app back to ipod-2008. Really a huge leap backwards.

Oct 23, 2013 10:43 AM in response to BaldwinLevy

Yeh that was one of the first things I did. I have also noticed that if I listen to music, say on the way to work, then when I play music again later in the day, it doesn't continue where I was before in my playlist! Sometimes it just randomly starts playing another song. Maybe this is fixed in the update too, I need to download it and have a look.

Mar 7, 2014 1:07 AM in response to Albie_on_tour

I just started up a new discussion involving this exact same thing. Unbelievably stupid and careless of Apple to include "composer" and cutting out the add from playlists ability.

It's been months since you guys brought this up and I'm too frustrated to continue waiting for a resolution. I'm going to try and email Apple again about it and suggest others do as well.

On The Go playlists - can't add songs from my playlists!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.