Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme not working in bridge mode

My room recieves internet through the wall(ethernet) im not entirely sure what the service is.

-when i connect straight to the wall there is no problem with connection

-I have my airport extreme connected to ethernet plug and it is using DHCP in bridge mode.

The internet is faster when i connect through the extreme, however, there are two main problems that i cant figure out.

1. it consistantly "times out" it goes from working(green) to not working (amber) to blinking amber briefly back to green again every 10-30 minutes

making it impossible to seamlessly stream movies or play games.

2. when i come back home from school i cant find the device. it is green but even if i type join a network and type the credentials in i cant find it, forcing me to reboot it once or twice a day.

I am the only person using the wireless and only have had one device on it thusfar- macbook pro

What can i do to stop 1/2 from happening at all? thank you for your time.

Airport extreme -OTHER

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 10:55 AM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2013 1:34 PM in response to Devin389

Is it possible that changing the radio mode would do anything?

Potentially if there is a wireless client that cannot support the radio mode selected it would not be able to connect. This would also cause them to drop-off if they were already connected.

is there anything else i could possibly try?

If all of your wireless clients are 802.11n compatible, you can try changing the Radio Mode to: 802.11n only (5 GHz) - 802.11n only (2.4 GHz). This would prevent any other clients from connecting.

The other would be to be sure that you are using WPA2 Personal with a strong password.

Finally, if there are numerous Wi-Fi networks operating nearby they may be fighting for the same radio channels that yours is broadcasting on. You can quickly determine this if you are using a Mac. What you want to know is which are operating with a very strong signal and what channel they are on. Then change your AirPort's channel from the default (Automatic) to a channel at least 3-5 channels away on the 2.4 GHz band. You can ignore the 5 GHz band for now.

Airport extreme not working in bridge mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.