Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone noticed lock button rattles???

I purchased an iPhone 5S on launch day and noticed right out of the box that lock button rattles and shakes. It seems as if the lock button is loose. I know I could take it back to Apple and they would exchange it, but before I make trip to genius bar is anyone having this same issue? Whenever I pickup or move my phone it sounds like the lock button is broken and about to fall out. However, the phone works fine, just this awful rattling sound.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:07 AM

Same Issue here..

Went to the store today and noticed that almost every phone did the same.

During normal use is fine but if you're in a quite place it's annoying..

Also it's normal a bit of "noise"Whalen you tap on the upper part cause of the vibration component, but if you also add the leaking button it's horrible

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2013 12:07 AM in response to Meerahone

Same Issue here..

Went to the store today and noticed that almost every phone did the same.

During normal use is fine but if you're in a quite place it's annoying..

Also it's normal a bit of "noise"Whalen you tap on the upper part cause of the vibration component, but if you also add the leaking button it's horrible

Sep 23, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Ezio007

I went to my local apple store and listen to each iPhone 5s that they had on display. They all made the same rattling noises. I also asked a rep from the genius bar who let me listen to his personal iPhone 5s and it made the same noise. So while I first thought it was just a design defect and I was going to ask for a replacement. At this point, I believe that this is normal for this phone. Based on Apple having excellent customer service and knowing they would replace this phone if the button breaks off. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what happens.

Sep 23, 2013 1:26 PM in response to Meerahone

I concur...

Have checked over 20 phones and they all have the iRattle.

I even checked two sealed units which were opened for me and again this appears to be the norm.

Got excited at one point as found one on display that had no play on it! Clicked it and.... it awoke the rattle, lol.

Staff were very accomodating and even let me check their personal phones also.

It would appear to be the norm for majority of iPhone 5S's...

Have to see how it goes. Maybe it will correct itself over time.

Sadly however, the 5C has no play at all...

Has anyone noticed lock button rattles???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.