Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 6.0 Podcast Sync

So, I'm very happy to see iTunes 11.1 and AppleTV 6.0 syncing up in iCloud with the iOS Podcasts app. I've had no issues with iTunes but with my AppleTV it seems to only show 3 of my 14 subscribed podcasts. All of which have at least something new on them. Has anyone seen this and found a fix or will they all appear when a new podcast appears for each one?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 10:48 AM

9 replies

Sep 30, 2013 7:57 PM in response to Scyanide

I have the same problem. I've updated my Apple TV (2) to the 6.0 software twice (originally with the first release and then again with the new build). The problem persists. I have tried several things to get the podcasts syncing properly, but so far nothing has worked. I rely on my Apple TV so much for podcasts that this is important bug that needs to be resolved. I can only suggest to leave Apple feedback on their product feedback page concerning it. Hopefully there's an update coming soon that will resolve it.

Oct 6, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Louis Trapani

I think I have finally found a solution that works for me.

The sync with Apple TV will ONLY work if the podcast was originally subscribed to from within iTunes. Most of my podcasts I had subscribed to from an iPhone or iPad. Even though iTunes and iOS were keeping things in sync between my Mac and my iPhone and iPad for some reason Apple TV isn't able to do so.

1. I deleted all of my podcasts subscriptions
  2. Completed a sync on my iTunes, iPad and iPhone
  3. Re-subscribed to all my podcats FROM ITUNES
  4. Added older episodes that I hadn't yet watched (since by default ITUNES will only pick up the latest ONE episode)
  5. Compelted a sync on iTunes, iPad and iPhone

Apple TV now shows all of my subscribed podcats and the correct unwatched episodes - happy days.

I hope this might help you.

Kev

AppleTV 6.0 Podcast Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.