Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I AirDrop from iOS 7 to a Windows Computer?

I am at my place of employment and I am wondering if I can set up a way to AirDrop photos I need for work from my iphone to my PC? Any help would be apprecieated... I am guessing its not possible though.

thanks

mike

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 11:05 AM

8 replies

Nov 14, 2017 2:25 AM in response to FFPenguin

I see that this is a question dating back to September 2013, but for reference, Instashare is an app for iOS, Mac, Android and Windows that is supposed to resolve this. I have had some difficulty to get it to work on my workplace's WiFi due to internal server restrictions, but there's a free trial available so one can try it without shelling out. If it works in the environment intended, the convenience of "Airdropping" between iOS, Mac, Android and Windows could in some cases justify the cost for some users, I suppose.

Jan 4, 2014 8:03 PM in response to FFPenguin

An alternative way that works great for me is using Dropbox. You can set drop box to automatically send photos to a shared folder on your computer or you can do it manually with Dropbox. You receive 2gb free and earn extra space for inviting friends.

Good luck!

Just so you know I found this post while looking for the answer to the same question you asked. Was disappointing that their is no airdrop support on windows ...yet.

Can I AirDrop from iOS 7 to a Windows Computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.