Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular streaming and downloads no longer working for Podcasts.

After ios7 update, I am no longer able to stream or download podcasts over cellular data. Pandora, Facebook, Twitter, everything else works seemlessly, but both the Podcasts App as well as Downcast continue to pop up with an error. Switching to WiFi resolves the issue, but why are podcasts suddenly unable to stream via cellular like everything else?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 11:17 AM

6 replies

Sep 21, 2013 12:59 PM in response to RicD

Yes indeed. I've toggled it off and back on as well as toggled the main cellular data off and back on. Also, I've tried resetting all settings to no avail. Again, Pandora and iTunes from my Cloud will both stream just fine. It seems to be centered on podcasts specifically. Initially I thought it was the Podcast App, but when I downloaded Downcast to test another podcatcher, I was met with the same results. /baffled.

User uploaded file

Oct 24, 2013 1:02 AM in response to escottrell

I have this issue as well but only since this afternoon when I updated to 7.0.3 . Until now I was able to download podcasts over wifi or cellular. Now if it is over 100 mb I can't download it. I can however stream it. It seems like it would use more cellular data trying to stream the 3hr radio show then it would to download it. It doesn't make any sense.

Cellular streaming and downloads no longer working for Podcasts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.