Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Kaspersky Internet Security worth it? Please reply.

Hello Apple community. I have a question about the Kaspersky Internet Security, about its flaws, if is it worth to use and everything you might say or whoever had an experience using kaspersky in your macbook (particularly mountain lion). I just want to know about it.

Ive been using my macbook pro for almost a year now and havent install any anti-virus program until today.

well, i got the kaspersky internet security from my sister when she bought her macbook air recently and she share it with me the liscence key of kaspersky that she bought from bestbuy.

today since i installed the anti-virus program, i experienced some slowing down with my laptop and even google chrome started to crash.

im not that heavy user of the internet. i just browse, facebook, 9gag, reading news and youtube.

earlier, i surf 9gag and youtube and then it just started to lag and then crash. ive never experienced that before since the day that i bought my macbook pro until today that i installed the anti virus.

and then i set off the anti-virus and start doing what i was doing earlier and it seems to be fine again, no lags and crash downs.

does somebody have an idea about this anti-virus program? is it really useful or worth it to keep?

i am planning to uninstall the program instead.

your replies will be much appreciated. 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 11:36 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2013 12:51 PM in response to JovAgoncUSA

My only concern is that your profile indicates you are still running OS X 10.8.1. The only way your OS will provide you with adequate protection is if you keep it fully up-to-date, so I'm hoping all you need to do is update your profile. Once you are running 10.8.5 with GateKeeper enabled and Java disabled, you are fully protected against all currently known and at least some future malware infections that could impact OS X.

Kaspersky made a major mistake when they first entered the OS X arena in the Spring of 2012, causing some Mac users to be permanently locked out of their accounts with a Flashback removal tool. I hope they are much better now, but it will always be the first thing I remember when I hear their name.

Is Kaspersky Internet Security worth it? Please reply.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.