Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log out of iTunes account after v6 upgrade

I've (finally) upgraded to v6 via iTunes and a USB cable. I've signed in to my iTunes account successfully.

I now want to sign out so I can watch purchased movies on another account. How do I do it as there seems to be no sign out option - it's all greyed out.

Thanks in advance - J.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:15 PM

Under iTunes Store, you should see Apple IDs in white, and your current logged in apple ID in grey. Select it anyway, and you should see the area to Add and/or Switch Apple IDs

5 replies

Nov 28, 2014 8:45 AM in response to Jonathan Sturtridge

I was unable to logout using the method described above, however I was able to update my settings a slightly different route. I changed countried on my settings wNich automatically signed me out. I was then able to return the country settings to the proper location. I was then able to sign back into my account, and even get my iTunes Match to work properly turning it on again. No factory reset required!

How to log out of iTunes account after v6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.