Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a podcast episode from iTunes 11.1

Hi all,

how do I remove a podcast episode from iTunes 11.1?

in prior versions - I just highlighted the episode and deleted it - whether it was downloaded or not it would delete - now nothing happens ...

contexual menu is no help either....

Q: How do we do this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:03 PM

13 replies

Sep 25, 2013 3:05 PM in response to Mary Mckenney

Here's the problem, Mary. I subscribe to podcasts so I can listen to them on my iPod (which I think Apple might anticipate). As far as I can tell, I can't add podcasts to my iPod from the Podcasts view, only from the List view. (Someone please enlighten me if there's a way to do that.) When I'm in the List view managing my iPod I have to manouevre around thousands of old podcasts that I long ago either listened to or skipped.

Sep 25, 2013 8:33 PM in response to vermontkev

@vermontkev, From what I can tell, the List view is pointless. I just subscribed to the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, and the latest one was downloaded to My Podcasts. Then I deleted it (again, from My Podcasts) just to see if I could. It worked. Then I went to List view, which has every BBIP ever posted, and I couldn't delete any of them. I don't know how you would "manage your iPod" in List view. I am able to transfer a podcast from My Podcasts to my mp3 player, no problem.

Hope this helps.

Sep 30, 2013 3:35 PM in response to Mary Mckenney

Heard you loud and clear. You can also delete from 'unplayed podcasts' which you can also order into thread view (a little like the old list view) - what a disaster this 'upgrade' has been. Pods in the cloud list view cant be deleted presumably as it is a list of availability rather than a list of pods themselves - they are links or shortcuts not the pod itself. There needs to be some kind of way of seeing which you have already downloaded and/or listened to and/or deleted. Infact even that wouldnt work - the real problem with the ridiculous new list view is the length of the list - I cant see anything as spend the whole time scrolling through things I listened to and deleted years ago . . . we quickly need the option back whih allowed us to 'hide all available episodes'

Sep 30, 2013 6:50 PM in response to Mary Mckenney

We hear you, but you might be missing what folks are wanting back - to be able to hide ( or "delete") the undesired available podcasts in list view. List view (IMO) is the most comprehensive view to maintain/archive your podcasts. Others feel so too, why this is a critical design fail to a lot of people.

Using the analogy of a DVR, the list view has now become simply the "TV-Guide" and not the "Recorded Shows" that it used to be.

Myself, I have faith this will be corrected as it seriously risks putting people onto a different desktop mp3 player, and that will impact the iTunes store traffic.

How do I remove a podcast episode from iTunes 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.